An advanced/ beginner to intermediate banjo camp with a low student to teacher ratio. 2 teachers for 4 or 5 students 3 teachers for 6 or 7 students. Guitar players who wish to learn to play with others are also welcome. There will be a combination of 1 on 1, 1 on 2 and jamming in small groups to practice what is taught.
The low student to teacher ration lets the instructors give the students lots of monitored practice and 1 on 1 attention. The students not only understand what to do but have time to practice each technique or song taught which increases retention rate by up to 500%.. This sets the stage for major changes and progress to occur after camp as they apply the playing and practice strategies that are taught.
What is covered and the depth depends on the individual student. There will be handouts to help the student remember and reinforce this information. We feel that it is better to thoroughly understand a few important points and be able to implement these as opposed to glossing over a lot of information.
• Correct right and left hand technique
• How to practice to produce optimum results in your playing.
• How to relax.
• How to set up your practice area so that everything you need is easily accessible.
• How to use a metronome to increase speed and accuracy.
• When not to use a metronome.
• How to count using a metronome.
• Understanding basic Bluegrass Rhythm.
• Playing chords anywhere on the neck and how to move from one chord to another.
• Using Chord Clusters to play more efficiently.
• How to play minor and 7th chords if you know the major chord.
• What to do in a Jam environment and how to jam.
• Other subjects related to student need and desire.
*Before each session we will send out a list of 10 songs that will be covered.